2023 ANNUAL WATER CONSERVATION POSTER CONTEST
Theme: "Save Blue. Live Green."
The Department of Water Management sponsors an annual poster contest open to all Durham students in grades K through 8 (public, private, and home schools).
We invite your students/children to use their artistic talents to celebrate drinking water and to promote water conservation. We are sponsoring this contest for schools and home-schooled children within our service area. The contest is designed to encourage our local young artists to express their own ideas, in relation to the chosen theme. This year’s theme is: “Save Blue. Live Green.”
Posters will be judged in three divisions:
- Division A for Kindergarten – 2nd grades
- Division B for 3rd – 5th grades
- Division C for 6th – 8th grades.
Local winners will receive special recognition from the City’s Department of Water Management. Winning posters in each division will be selected to represent Durham in the statewide competition sponsored by the NC Section of the American Water Works Association/Water Environment Association.
- All poster entries must be submitted according to the rules on our entry page no later than March 25, 2023.
- Students may submit poster entries directly to the City without school sponsorship.
- Entries can be submitted in one of two ways:
- Submitted online (preferred)
- Mailed to Water Conservation Poster Contest, 1600 Mist Lake Dr. Durham, NC 27704. If mailing, be sure to securely attached a mail in entry form (PDF) to the back of the poster.
Click or call 919-560-1200