- Departments & Offices F-Z
- Water Management
- Irrigation Systems & Watering Schedules
- Odd-Even Watering Schedule
Odd-Even Watering Schedule
The City has adopted requirements to help make our community a more sustainable place to live. These watering requirements are consistent with irrigation schedules in most of our neighboring communities.
Landscape irrigation makes up a large portion of our consumption, particularly during the warmer months of the year. In fact, irrigation during summer months can increase demand on the treatment plants between 20% - 40%. By improving the efficiency of our irrigation practices, we can reduce consumption, save money, and preserve this precious resource.
The mandatory outdoor irrigation schedule applies to all spray irrigation systems and allows customers to irrigate according to the following schedule:
- Odd-numbered addresses may water once on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays either before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- Even-numbered addresses may water once on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays either before 10 a.m. or after 6 p.m.
- No watering may occur between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. on allowed watering days.
- No customers are permitted to water on Mondays.
Temporary licenses will be allowed to establish new landscapes.
Hand-watering and drip irrigation systems are not restricted.
The ordinance requires that new irrigation systems have working rain or soil moisture sensors. These should be placed appropriately to prevent watering during rain events or when the ground is already moist enough for healthy plants. Existing automated irrigation systems must be retrofitted with moisture or rain sensors by November 30, 2009.
If you wish to report a watering violation, which can be done anonymously, please access the electronic form.
Click or call 919-560-1200