- 5:30 p.m.
- 2nd Tuesday of Each Month
- City Hall
101 City Hall Plaza
City Council Chambers, 1st Floor
Durham, NC 27701
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and registration links are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Planning Commission Meeting Schedule
November 15, 2022 (rescheduled from November 8th)
November 17, 2022**
December 13, 2022
January 10, 2023
February 28, 2023 (rescheduled from February 14th)
March 14, 2023
March 28, 2023*
April 11, 2023
May 9, 2023
June 13, 2023
July 11, 2023
August 8, 2023
September 12, 2023
October 10, 2023
November 14, 2023
December 12, 2023
* Special session outside of regular schedule
** Retreat to discuss Comprehensive Plan (no public hearings)
Click here to live stream the Planning Commission Meeting or to access previous meetings
Planning Commission meetings are held in person in the City Council Chambers, 1st Floor, 101 City Hall Plaza, and virtually via Zoom, unless otherwise noted on the City of Durham website. Virtual participation is encouraged. To participate using the Zoom virtual meeting platform, see the agenda for the Planning Commission session. The Zoom link is at the top of the agenda. If possible, please register by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the Planning Commission meeting or by calling 1-301-715-8592 at least 15 minutes before the meeting start time and identify yourself to ensure that you get a chance to speak at the appropriate time. Access will be audio only and the chat and Q&A functions will not be available in the virtual meeting. Please refer to the following web page for ways to participate: How to Participate in a Virtual Public Hearing | Durham, NC (durhamnc.gov).
The Commission is comprised of 14 members appointed by the City Council or the Board of County Commissioners.
The responsibilities of the Durham Planning Commission are:
- Propose, review, and make recommendations on City- or County-wide plans.
- Review and make recommendations on planning policies, comprehensive plan amendments, zoning map changes, proposed changes to development ordinances, and the Planning Department work program.
Planning Commission Rules of Procedure
Planning Commission Meeting Archive
- Meetings from May 14, 2013, to present can be found on YouTube.
- Additional meetings going back to January 13, 2009, can be downloaded from the website.
Click or call 919-560-1200