- Departments & Offices A-E
- City Clerk's Office
City Clerk's Office
Appointed by City Council, the City Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining all official actions, meetings, and records of the City Council. The City Clerk’s Office, while providing administrative support for the Mayor and City Council members, also performs a wide variety of services to encourage resident interaction with City government including:
- Publicizing vacancies and processing applications for Council appointed boards, committees and commissions
- Providing notice for meetings according to the N.C. Open Meetings law
- Archiving permanent records
- Executing contracts and other legal documents
- Issuing cemetery deeds (Beechwood/Maplewood)
- Coordinating the codification of Durham City Code
- Certifying documents for admissibility in court cases
City Clerk Diana Schreiber
Calendar of Public Meetings
City Council Meeting & Work Session Notice
- City Council has returned to in-person regular meetings and work sessions in Council Chambers at 101 City Hall Plaza. Residents are encouraged to continue to participate virtually.
- City policy prohibits unauthorized hardware and drives (e.g., flash drive) from being used or connected to City-owned equipment. If you plan to make a presentation, submit your file in advance when you sign up to speak.
- Jun 9
- Jun 12
Jury Duty, Marriage Licenses, Birth & Death Certificates
- Looking for information about court dates, traffic tickets, jury duty? Contact the Durham County Clerk of Court at (919) 808-3000.
- Looking for deeds, marriage licenses, and birth or death certificates? Visit the County Register of Deeds.
Click or call 919-560-1200