Boards, Committees, Commissions & Task Forces

City Council appoints residents to serve on boards, committees, and commissions that address varied aspects of Durham’s quality of life. Residents interested in serving on a board can apply below.

If you prefer to verify your address and/or tax status in-person, do not fill out the online application. Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 919-560-4166 for an appointment, or visit the office on the second floor of City Hall.


  • Civilian Police Review Board (CPRB) Vacancies: The City of Durham is seeking applicants to fill five (5) vacancies on the CPRB. Learn more and apply.

manual español

  1. Resized_PART_1697477583854_Resized_20220330_105725005

    December 2023 Spotlight: Sandra Howell

    Learn more about Sandra Howell, a member of the Environmental Affairs Board. Read why she enjoys serving on this board. Read on...