The Fleet Management Department is responsible for all services related to the City of Durham's 1,800+ vehicles and equipment. The goal of the department is to procure safe, dependable, cost-effective equipment, and furnish quality maintenance services to all City departments.
Fleet Management Department assists other City departments in providing excellent service to the residents of Durham. It ensures that City vehicles and equipment are in excellent working condition.
The department consists of two divisions
- Annual procurement of fleet replacements including the development of exact specifications
- Disposal of obsolete equipment
- Fuel management services of three fueling locations
- Parts inventory management
- Vehicle maintenance of 1,800+ vehicles and equipment
- Utilization analysis and reporting
Click or call 919-560-1200