Assessments Information


open data icon

Assessments Information

Confirmed AssessmentsPending Assessments
Who to ContactGeneral Billing & CollectionsEngineering Services
By Phone(919) 560-4700(919) 560-4326
Request InformationConfirmed Assessment Form
Pending Assessments Form
Send Inquiries To[email protected]Fax: (919) 560-4316

Assessments by Owner; Assessments by ParcelID; Assessments by Street

Assessments Open Data Portal
Assessments Open Data Portal
How to Use Assessments Open Data Portal

Confirmed Assessments . . . 

  • Can be for water and sewer, street or roadway (curb gutter) improvements, and sidewalks.
  • Are authorized by the City Council
  • Are liens attached to the property, not to the owners of the property.  A lien is the right to take and hold or sell the property of a debtor as security or payment for a debt.  A lien attaches to the property until the assessment is paid in full.
  • The assessment lists are provided for informational purposes only and are valid as of the date indicated on the lists.  Updated lists are posted monthly; however, recent changes to the parcel ID, property ownership, and assessment location address may not be reflected.
  • Information in these reports are provided as a public service and are accepted and used by the recipient with the agreement and understanding that the City of Durham makes no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability, or suitability of the data set forth within these documents.  The City assumes no responsibility whatsoever associated with the use or misuse of thin information.
  • To confirm information, assessment status, and payments amounts, complete the Confirmed Assessment Form; an email will be sent to the department with the form information.
  • Try our new ASSESSMENTS OPEN DATA PORTAL where you can look up Assessments balance information by owner name, parcel ID and account number and receive real time data!  Use these INSTRUCTIONS for guidance.

Pending Assessments

  • Are associated with various assessable improvements (water, sewer, street, sidewalk) that have been ordered by the City Council but have not yet been assessed or approved.
  • Inquiries are submitted to the Public Works Engineering Services Division using the Pending Assessment Inquiry Form.