RFQ for Inspections for Construction Projects (ST-318C)
Phone: 919-560-4326, ext. 30233
The City is soliciting a person or firm to provide inspection services for the upcoming concrete repair contract. The selected consultant will be asked to perform the following activities for the project:
Act as an Inspector for the project: The engineer shall provide inspection services for the construction projects and address matters pertaining to the project such as:
- Field inspection of the work
- Verify whether work is done under required specifications
- Verify the quantities of pay items installed by the Contractor
- Review daily reports and quantities put into PDRx system by contractor
- Addressing questions from the contractor
- Being aware of specifications and standard details for Sidewalks, trails, water and sewer utility line, PROWAG compliant curb ramps and curb and gutter
- Being aware of the challenges of doing asphalt/concrete/water and sewer utility work in the City of Durham and NCDOT public right of way
Act as an Ombudsperson for the project: The engineer shall provide ombudsperson services for the City and address public matters pertaining to the project such as:
- Be present during construction activities to address concerns
- Informing business and home owners of when work will be completed
- Addressing complaints made by the public
- Being aware of the challenges of doing repair in the City of Durham
Design of street/ trail/utility sections included in the project: The engineer shall provide designs to the contractors of the construction contracts for the trail/street/sidewalk/water-sewer with the contracts. The designs should comply with all current City, ADA and PROWAG standards.
Preparation of all Traffic and Pedestrian Control Plans: The engineer shall provide traffic and pedestrian control plans to the contractor of the construction contracts for all locations within the projects. These plans should comply with current MUTCD standards.
Other Services: The engineer shall provide additional services related to the construction projects as needed on an hourly basis.
- Pre-Submittal Meeting: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 3:00 PM
- Submittals Due: Friday, March 19, 2021 at 3:00 PM
This project is now advertised for 14 days as of March 5, 2021. The pre-submittal meeting was held via Zoom on Tuesday, March 9, 2021 at 3:00 p.m. This project has UBE goals for 8% MUBE and 6% WUBE.