Greg Smith, PE
Phone: 919-560-4326, ext. 30255
Bids were opened and read aloud on June 15, 2021. Two (2) bids were received. The apparent low bidder is Bruce Allen Construction Company, LLC. Bids are currently being reviewed for responsiveness and responsibility.
The bid posting for this contract can be viewed on the City's Bid Posting page. An initial pre-bid conference was held on April 27, 2021 with a bid opening scheduled for May 11, 2021. Bids were not opened as not enough were received. An addendum was issued on May 13, 2021 extending the bid opening and setting a second pre-bid conference. See dates below.
City Council has authorized the City Manager to execute a contract with Bruce Allen Construction Company, LLC. We are in the execution process and anticipate a Notice to Proceed date for Fall 2021.
If you are interested in hearing from us directly regarding future bid opportunities, please email us at Public Works Stormwater Infrastructure Group and request to be added to our list of interested construction bidders.
Key Project Dates
- Advertisement: April 8, 2021
- Pre-Bid Conference: 10:00 a.m., June 2, 2021 - Virtual Meeting Only
- Bid Opening: 10:00 a.m., June 15, 2021 - Virtual & Actual
- Notice to Proceed: Fall 2021
The project involves the furnishing of all materials, labor, equipment, tools, etc. unless otherwise specified, for the complete installation of repairs, rehabilitation, and improvements of stormwater drainage systems at various site locations throughout the City of Durham.
- 1211 Fargo Street (PDAP-051) - In progress
- Lodge Street Regional Stormwater Improvements (ROW-190)
- South Roxboro Street Culvert Stabilization (ROW-219)
Click or call 919-560-1200