Civil Engineering and Engineering Inspection Positions
Work. Serve. Thrive. With the City of Durham
Advance in your career while making a real difference in the community you serve.
Civil Engineering positions and Engineering Inspection positions open NOW!
Our Current Positions Include (click to see more detail and apply):
Durham NC is the place to be, 3-hour drive to the beach 3-hour drive to the mountains. If you do some research you see that we have a diverse and growing economy with no end in sight. With such growth comes the need for infrastructure, and we are currently hiring for Civil Engineers and Engineering Inspectors. For a great career and quality of life, check out our jobs by clicking on the links below and apply today.
Top-notch management, highly qualified, competent staff and opportunities for career advancement and professional success make the City of Durham’s Public Works Department a great place to work. We create the foundation on which Durham is built, using innovative methods that support the City’s growth and enhance our quality of life. If growing professionally while serving your community is for you, bring your skills to Durham!
The City offers the potential of a 4 - 6% base pay merit increase annually.
|EXCEPTIONAL COMPENSATION||CAREER ADVANCEMENT|
Training and professional development that help you excel and move up.
|OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT|
Strategic, innovative City leadership encourages and rewards employees for solving community challenges and improving public services.
Learn about the City’s innovation programs
Diverse, inclusive organization committed to employee satisfaction.
|SUPERIOR QUALITY OF LIFE|
Economically prosperous, culturally vibrant, recreation-rich East Coast location, three hours from mountains and beach.
Check out the Benefits for Full-Time Employees
- 12-13 paid holidays per year
- 12 standard work days of vacation per year
- 12 standard work days of sick leave per year, which accumulates indefinitely; sick leave may be used toward early retirement
- 2 weeks paid military leave per year
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance plans
- State and City retirement plans include:
- City contribution of 11.35% into the N.C. State Retirement System
- City contribution of 5% into our 401k regardless of the employee contribution amount
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plans
- Retirement Health Savings Account
- Short and long term disability plans
- Paid parental leave
- Paid temporary disability leave for specified conditions
- Paid funeral leave
- Employee Assistance Program - personal and family counseling
- Paid life insurance equal to annual salary
- 48 hours for volunteer work each year*
- 4 hours parental leave each year
- Workman's Compensation Insurance
Check out our current positions:
|Principal Engineer, CEIII||Senior. Engineer – Design Group|
|Senior Engineer, CEII||Senior Engineering Inspector|
City of Durham Website: https://durhamnc.gov/