- Boards, Committees, Commissions & Task Forces
- Stipend Program for Council Appointed Board, Committee, Commission, and Task Force Members
Stipend Program for Council Appointed Board, Committee, Commission, and Task Force Members
Durham City Council has approved a stipend program for eligible Council-Appointed Board, Committee, Commission, and Task Force members. Equitable compensation will be available for city appointed board members. The stipends are intended to offset related expenses such as babysitting, parking, transportation, and meals.
Stipend payments go into effect for city appointed board members who opt in to the program.
- Payments will be made at a flat rate of $50 per meeting
- Payments will be made every six months based on attendance records
- Payments will be made twice during each fiscal year:
- Checks will be sent in Jan/Feb to cover July-December 2021 meetings
- Checks will be sent in July/Aug to cover January-June 2022 meetings
Example: Ms. Smith attends 4 meetings between July-December 2021. A check for $200 (4 meetings x $50) will be cut in Jan/Feb 2022.
Eligible Boards, Committees, Commissions, and Task Forces
|Eligible||Not Currently Eligible|
HOW TO SIGN UP
- Review the information on this webpage. Confirm your board, committee, commission, or task force is eligible to receive stipends by viewing the "Program Details" tab.
- Contact the City Clerk at [email protected] to express your interest in the stipend program.
- Following your email of interest, the Clerk will notate your interest and direct you to the Finance Department site to sign up as a vendor.
- To sign up as a vendor, you will need to complete a W-9 and provide payment details if you would like an electronic payment.
- You will have the option to receive a check in the mail or electronic payments.
- After you sign up, you will receive a confirmation and have access to make changes to your vendor profile.
- Any questions about the vendor sign up process can be sent to [email protected].
RECEIVING STIPEND PAYMENTS
- Once you are signed up as a vendor (see "How to Sign Up" tab), in January and July your attendance will be confirmed by the staff liaison for your board and submitted to the Clerk's Office.
- The Clerk will authorize the name and dollar amount and send to Finance to process and send the payments.
- You will have the option to receive a check in the mail or electronic payments which you can indicate in your vendor profile (see "How to Sign Up" tab).
Click or call 919-560-1200