- Departments & Offices A-E
- City-County Planning
- Applications and Fees
- Partnering Department Applications
- Construction Drawings - Civil and Pump Stations
Construction Drawings - Civil and Pump Stations
The City of Durham is tasked with reviewing construction documents for items related to residential, commercial, and pumps stations. These services are handled through the Engineering Development Review, Stormwater Division, Durham Transportation Development Review Group, and Department of Water Management.
The City of Durham Engineering Development Review is tasked with reviewing construction documents as these items relate to the City of Durham public and private road standards, driveways, sidewalks, water systems, fire protection systems, sanitary sewer systems, stormwater drainage and conveyance systems and easements for these systems. The Engineering Development Review Group is located on the 3rd floor of City Hall. The Engineering Development Review Group can be reached at (919) 560-4326 and fax number (919) 560-4316.
The City of Durham Stormwater Services Development Review Group is tasked with reviewing construction drawing documents as these items relate to stormwater impact analyses/studies, compliance with approved site plans/preliminary plats, design of stormwater quality and/or quantity facilities, coordination of stream buffers and special flood hazards with Planning/Development Services, etc. The Stormwater Services Development Review Group is located on the 3rd floor of City Hall. The Stormwater Services Development Review Group can be reached at (919) 560-4326.
The City of Durham Department of Transportation Development Review Group is tasked with reviewing construction documents as they pertain to traffic control devices, signs, pavement markings, lane widths, design and traffic control of roundabouts and placement and design of traffic calming measures. The contact phone number for questions is (919) 560-4366.
The City of Durham Department of Water Management is tasked with reviewing construction documents for lift stations. The contact phone number for questions is 919-560-4381. Submit the Intent to Construct a Lift Station Package and Calculation Review Package prior to submitting construction drawings for lift stations (as required in the City of Durham Lift Station Design Standards).
Application and Submission Process
Please use the portal below to submit your application. If the online form is not working, please contact us at [email protected]
- Each Construction Drawing Submittal Upload must include a completed Public Works Construction Drawing Submittal Checklist as one of the uploaded files. Submittals without a checklist will be deemed incomplete.
- If you have a Construction Drawing Submittal that has fees due (1st Submittal or Revision to Previously Approved Construction Drawings Submittal):
Prior to uploading files, pay the Construction Drawing submittal fee using the detailed instructions below. Then include the payment receipt as part of your document upload.
- All documents should be in PDF format. Do not upload .Zip files.
- Use the following PDF file naming convention: Project Name_ Document Name.pdf
- Project Name should match the name on the Cover Sheet of the Construction Drawings and also the first blank on the Construction Drawing Submittal Checklist.
- Document Name should be simple and descriptive. For example: checklist; receipt; CDs; SIA; FireFlow; or HGLcalcs.
- Individual uploads can be up to 4 GB in size.
AFTER SUBMISSION, SEE THE PAYMENT SECTION BELOW THE UPLOAD PORTAL
Application Payment Portal
Use the DSC Fees and Payment Menu., section 5.2 Engineering (Civil) Construction Drawing Review (page 9) for your specific application payment fee and calculations.
- It is very important that the detailed payment instructions below are followed exactly to avoid delays in processing your submittal.
- From the “Select a Payment Type” choices, select 1-Engr As-Built, CD, Video, UEA.
- In the “Permit/Case Number or Ticket ID Number” field DO NOT enter the Planning Case number. Instead enter the application type (CD) - project name – project phase per the instructions below (this field is limited to 32 characters): -
- Application type is Construction Drawings – Use the abbreviation “CD”
- Project Name – enter the project name from the Construction Drawings Cover Sheet, eliminating spaces and abbreviating as needed to stay within the 32- character limit.
- Phase – Use abbreviation “PH” followed by the number.
Example: For a CD submittal for City Hall Expansion Phase 2, enter the following into the “Permit/Case Number or Ticket ID Number” field:
- Click the Continue button.
- Fill out the payment information fields.
- Enter the “Pay This Amount” field as follows.
- Determine the fee amount based on the instructions on the Construction Drawing Submittal Checklist.
- Multiply the fee amount by 4% to determine the technology surcharge amount.
- Add these two numbers together and this is the amount to enter in the “Pay This Amount” field.
- Click the Submit button. Save your receipt of payment as a PDF and include in the document upload
Click or call 919-560-1200