Division is responsible for the implementation of the City’s Equal Business Opportunity Program (EBOP) and Small Local Business Enterprise Program (SLBEP).
- Recruitment of minority and women underutilized business enterprises (UBEs) and small local business enterprises (SLBEs) eligible to participate in the EBOP and SLBEP.
- Certification of SLBE firms to service City contracts in the areas of construction and professional services.
- Maintenance of the SLBE database of all currently certified businesses.
- Business development through the provision of technical assistance and support.
- Staff support to the EBOP Steering Committee and the Mayor’s Committee for Persons with Disabilities.
- Project identification for potential contracting opportunities from City departments.
- UBE/SLBE participation goal setting.
- EBOP and SLBEP compliance determination.
- Monitoring of UBE and SLBE participation in City contracting activity.
- Reporting of UBE and SLBE participation on City contracts and reporting on special projects as requested.
- Monitoring City compliance with Senate Bill 914 reporting requirements.
Click or call 919-560-1200