NCWorks Career Center
About the Center
The NCWorks Career Center system is a partnership of local workforce development professionals providing an array of services geared to assisting:
- Area businesses with recruiting, retention and training
- Area residents with defining career pathways, work readiness and employment search
Oversight regarding activities under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) within the NCWorks Career Center system in Durham is provided by the Durham Workforce Development Board.
Adults age 18 or older are eligible to receive services through the NCWorks Career Center.
Assistance for Training Providers
If you are a training provider wanting to learn more about the benefits of applying to become an eligible provider with the NCWorks Career Center system in Durham, visit the Becoming an Eligible Training Provider page.
Self-Service Job Search
In addition to the 2 center locations, NCWorks Career Center satellite sites are available in Durham at the following locations for self-service job search and résumé preparation:
- CAARE, Inc., 214 Broadway Street
- Center for Employment Training, 807 East Main Street
- Durham County Main Library, 300 North Roxboro Street
- Durham Technical Community College, 1637 Lawson Street
- North Carolina Central University, University Career Services, 1801 Fayetteville Street
- Oxford Manor, 3633 Keystone Place
- W.D. Hill Recreation Center, 1308 Fayetteville Street
The following entities comprise the NCWorks Career Center partnership to provide quality workforce services to Durham businesses and residents:
- City of Durham Office of Economic and Workforce Development
- Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Durham County Department of Social Services
- Durham Housing Authority
- Durham Public Schools
- Durham Technical Community College
- Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
- Job Corps
- North Carolina Department of Commerce Division of Workforce Solutions
- Services for the Blind
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Program - Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Click or call 919-560-1200