November 25, 2021 - November 26, 2021
Most City of Durham Offices Closed for Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, November 25, 2021
The City of Durham will observe the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26. Most City offices, including City Hall and all non-emergency City operations, will be closed to the public. See details below for changes to City services and programs.
Police, fire, and rescue services for life-threatening or in-progress emergencies may be reached by calling 911. Non-emergency concerns may be directed to (919) 560-4600.
Garbage, Recycling, and Yard Waste Collection
The Solid Waste Management Department will be closed on Thursday, November 25.
- Collection for Thursday curbside garbage and recycling customers will be delayed until Friday, November 26. Friday collection for curbside yard waste customers will be delayed to Monday, November 29.
- The Waste Disposal & Recycling Center, Yard Waste Facility, and the Household Hazardous Waste Center will also be closed on Thursday, November 25 and Saturday, November 27.
For more information about items accepted for curbside collections as well as how to sign up for collection day alerts and reminders for holiday service changes, visit the department’s webpage or download their free Durham Rollout smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores.
Parks and Recreation
- Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) Administrative Office and facilities will be closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26.
- Recreation Centers and Pools will close early on Wednesday, November 24 at 6 p.m.
- For information about DPR programs, activities, and events call (919) 560-4355 during office hours or visit the department’s webpage.
- The Park Durham Customer Service Center will be closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26.
- On City-designated holidays, downtown parking is free in on-street parking spaces, City-owned parking garages, and City-owned surface parking lots.
Durham One Call Service Requests
Durham One Call will also be closed on Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26. To submit a service request, residents may:
- Use the free Durham One Call smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores
- Complete and submit an online service request, or leave a message at (919) 560-1200.
- Durham One Call will forward all requests for City services to the appropriate department on the next business day.
Water & Sewer Emergencies
Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, weekends or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the department’s after-hours emergency phone number at (919) 560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.