September 14, 2021
This meeting will take place virtually via Zoom.
Public Hearing Notice: Durham City-County Planning Commission - September 14, 2021 at 4 p.m.
Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Public hearings will be held to discuss the following: Zoning Map Change - Latta Park (Z2000041), Bull City Townhomes (Z1900033), Rosewalk (Z2000023), and Bethpage Office II (Z2000037); and Text Amendment - Application and Review Procedures (TC2100004).
The Durham City-County Planning Commission will hold a two-part meeting on September 14, 2021, at 4:00 p.m. The Durham City Council will meet with the Durham Planning Commission from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. to discuss the Southeast Durham Focus Area. The regular Planning Commission meeting, including public hearings, will start at 5:30 p.m., or when the joint City Council and Planning Commission meeting is concluded. The Planning Commission will hear the following cases:
Zoning Map Change
- Latta Park (Z2000041) is a rezoning from Residential Suburban-20 (RS-20) to a split zoning of Commercial General (CG) and Planned Development Residential 9.906 (PDR 9.906) to allow for up to 55,000 square feet of commercial and up to 200 townhouse residential units.
- Bull City Townhomes (Z1900022) is a rezoning from Rural Residential (RR) to Residential Suburban-Multifamily with a development plan (RS-M(D)) for the development of 147 townhomes.
- Rosewalk (Z2000023) is a rezoning from Residential Urban-5(2) (RU-5(2)) and Planned Development Residential 10.800 (PDR 10.800) to Residential Urban- Multifamily with a development plan (RU-M(D)).
- Bethpage Office II (Z2000037) is a rezoning from Industrial Light with a Development Plan (IL(D)) to Office and Institutional with a text-only development plan (OI(D)) to facilitate a development proposal that has not yet been identified.
- Application and Review Procedures (TC2100004): Amendments to the UDO to codify or reorganize the application processes and requirements for street closings, street renaming, annexation requests, and statutory development agreements. Additional updates to review and notification requirements are also proposed, including additional notification to residents other than property owners, clarifying notice sign posting requirements, updates regarding changes to approved development plans and codifying contiguous development requirements, and technical updates.
Substantial changes to the proposed action may be made following the public hearing for each case. For information about the cases, contact [email protected] or call 919-560-4137.
The September 14, 2021 meeting will be held online using the Zoom virtual meeting platform.
Click or call 919-560-1200