March 14, 2023
This meeting will take place in person in Council Chambers at 101 City Hall Plaza and virtually via Zoom. Virtual participation is encouraged.
101 City Hall Plaza
Durham, NC 27701
Public Hearing Notice: Durham City-County Planning Commission - March 14, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Public hearings will be held to discuss the following: Zoning Map Changes - Southpoint Mall (Z2200028), Harlowe Point (Z2200032), Leesville Storage (Z2200037), 602 N Hoover Road (Z2200045); UDO Text Amendment - Pet Waste Receptacles (TC2200006)
Zoning Map Changes:
- Southpoint Mall (Z2200028) is a request to change the zoning from Commercial Center with a development plan (CC(D)) and Residential Rural (RR) to Commercial Center with a Development Plan (CC(D)); located at 6910, 6920, 6930, 6940, 6950, 6960, Fayetteville Road and 8060 Renaissance Parkway.
- Harlowe Point (Z2200032) is a request to change the zoning from Residential Suburban-20 (RS-20) and Planned Development Residential 4.001 (PDR 4.001) to Planned Development Residential 3.949 (PDR 3.949); located at 1005, 1009, 1011, 1019, 1023 South Mineral Springs Road and 3712 Holder Road.
- Leesville Storage (Z2200037) is a request to change the zoning from Commercial General with a Development Plan (CG(D)) and Residential Rural (RR) to Commercial General with a Development Plan (CG(D)); located at 4615 and 4627 Leesville Road.
- 602 N Hoover Road (Z2200045) is a request to change the zoning from Residential Suburban-20 (RS-20) to Light Industrial (IL); located at 602 North Hoover Road.
UDO Text Amendment:
- Pet Waste Receptacles (TC2200006) This text amendment proposes revisions to the Open Space (Section 7.2) standards, Utility and Solid Waste Collection Facilities standards (Section 7.6), and Screening standards (Section 9.7) within the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) in order to address ongoing concerns regarding Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDL) of pollutants allowed to enter a water body and associated contamination of the drinking water supply.
Other Planning Item (Not a Public Hearing):
- FY24 Planning Department Work Program
This meeting will be held in person in the City Council Chambers, 1st Floor, 101 City Hall Plaza and online using the Zoom virtual meeting platform.
Substantial changes to the proposed action may be made following the public hearing for each case. For information about the cases, email [email protected] or call 919-560-4137.