November 4, 2023
Pumpkin drop off events will be held across the community on November 4.
Pumpkin Drop Off
Saturday, November 4, 2023
Drop your post-Halloween jack-o'-lanterns and decorative pumpkins to be composted, not landfilled. On November 4, from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m., drop off unpainted and empty jack-o'-lanterns or whole pumpkins at these locations:
- C.M. Herndon Park, 511 Scott King Rd.
- Valley Springs Park, 3805 Valley Springs Rd.
- Rock Quarry Park, 701 Stadium Dr.
- Merrick-Moore Park, 632 N. Hoover Rd
- Southern Boundaries Park, 3400 Third Fork Rd.
- Bethesda Park, 1814 Stage Rd.
- Campus Hills 2000 S. Alston Ave. (parking lot)
- Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, 2115 E. Club Blvd.
The City of Durham Solid Waste operators are teaming up with Keep Durham Beautiful volunteers at City Park locations to provide this drop service, similar to the holiday tree drop - except its pumpkins! These decorative squashes will be composted by the City of Durham's Composting contractor, Atlas Organics, and converted to dark crumbly compost. No paint, decorations, candles, or glitter please!
If you miss the November 4 event, don’t be scared! Residents can continue to drop their pumpkins and Jack-o-lanterns at no charge at the Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, 2115 E. Club Blvd., from November 4 - November 18 during normal hours of operation.