We are encouraging motorists to be safe on the roads during this holiday season. Our officers will be participating in the N.C. Governor’s Highway Safety Program’s Click It or Ticket seatbelt safety campaign. The campaign will run through Sunday, Nov. 26. Officers from the Durham Police Department and the Durham County Sheriff’s Office will also participate in Operation Wild Turkey on Wednesday, November 22. Officers will be on Interstate 85 and Interstate 40 to focus on speeding and reckless driving.
We would like to share these holiday safety tips from the North Carolina Department of Transportation:
• Buckle Up. Every Seat. Every Time. It’s the law.
• Don’t drink and drive. Make sure you have a sober designated driver.
• Obey the posted speed limit.
• Keep a safe following distance.
• Turn on your headlights in the rain or snow.
• Put away all distractions including cell phones.
Click or call 919-560-1200