The City-County Planning Department is unveiling new public notice signs! Public notice signs are posted on properties when a special approval is required by the City Council, County Commissioners, Board of Adjustment, or Historic Preservation Commission.
After many years of bright yellow signs with big red letters, Planning staff completely redesigned the signs to make it easier for folks to get information about proposed development cases. The goal is for the notice signs to be more informative and accessible in language and technology through the following improvements:
- The new signs are not only bright, but the color is specific to the type of proposal, making it easier to identify what type of change is proposed.
- Compared to the old signs that only provided a case number, the new signs will provide more information including a brief description of the proposal in both English and in Spanish.
- In addition, the new signs will also feature a Quick Response (QR) code that can be used to easily access the webpage to view more details about the development proposal case.
- Purple (A) = Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Green (B) = Board of Adjustment
- Blue (H) = Historic Preservation Commission
- White (M/T) = Major/Transportation Special Use Permit
- Orange (SC) = Street Closing
- Pink (V) = Vested Rights
- Yellow (Z) = Zoning Map Change