Due to forecasts calling for damaging wind, large hail, and potential tornadoes in our area on March 18 between 1-6 p.m., the City will close early on Thursday impacting several facilities and services. Residents are asked to take note of service changes.
The City encourages residents to prepare, stay informed, and stay home during severe weather:
City Service & Facility Updates
Trash & Recycling Collection
- Due to the severe weather forecast for Thursday, March 18, our Solid Waste team will stop collecting curbside garbage and recycling carts at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow.
- Please remove all carts from curbs, whether collected or not, by 1 p.m.
- Yard waste customers scheduled for collection on Friday should also wait to put their carts out until after the storm has passed.
- View up-to-date collection status information
Waste Disposal & Recycling Center
- City Hall will close at 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 18.
Durham Parks & Recreation
Due to the forecast of severe weather, Durham Parks and Recreation's recreation centers will be closed to the public on Thursday, March 18 after 2 p.m., and all in-person programs are canceled. View details on DPRPlayMore.org.