Council Chambers Capacity Limited to 75 People for Physical Distancing
Beginning Monday, November 15, Durham City Council regular business meetings and work sessions will be held in-person at City Hall as well as continue to be available virtually.
The City Council’s regular business meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the first and third Monday of the month in the first floor Council Chambers. Work sessions are held at 1 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of the month following the regular business meetings. Once held in City Hall’s second floor Committee Room, work sessions will now take place in the Council Chambers to allow for greater physical distancing as well as video livestreaming. For more information on how to participate or watch in-person and virtual City Council regular business meetings and work sessions, visit the City’s website.
- Until further notice, capacity will be limited to 75 people inside the Council Chambers to help ensure physical distancing.
- Residents are encouraged to continue to participate virtually, especially if they are unvaccinated.
- Face coverings are required for all individuals inside all City facilities regardless of vaccination status.
- Disposable face coverings and hand sanitizer are available at the public entrances to City Hall and other City facilities at no charge.
- For more information about COVID-19 safety protocols, visit the City’s COVID-19 website.
Regular business meetings and work sessions will continue to be broadcast live on Durham Television Network (Spectrum channel 8, Google Fiber channel 8, Frontier channel 70, and AT&T U-verse channel 99), the City’s YouTube channel, and through the free Boxcast app on Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV. In addition to these live broadcasts, regular business meetings will also continue to be livestreamed to the City’s Facebook and Twitter pages.