Free Live Tree Drop-Off Locations
Live trees will be accepted for free disposal at the City’s Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, located at 2115 E. Club Blvd., beginning Monday, January 3 until Saturday, February 5. The hours of operation are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7:30 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
Live trees may also be dropped off at no charge at the following six park locations on Saturday, January 8; Saturday, January 15; Saturday, January 29; and Saturday, February 5 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Solid Waste Management crews will be on site each of these Saturdays to assist.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SATURDAY, JANUARY 22 DATE IS CANCELED DUE TO EXPECTED POOR WEATHER.
- C.M. Herndon Park, 511 Scott King Rd.
- Valley Springs Park, 3805 Valley Springs Rd.
- Rock Quarry Park, 701 Stadium Dr.
- Twin Lakes Park, 435 Chandler Rd.
- Southern Boundaries Park, 3400 Third Fork Rd.
- Bethesda Park, 1814 Stage Rd.
Free Curbside Collections for Yard Waste and Exempt Service Customers Only
Free curbside collections for live trees are only available to current yard waste customers and current exempt service customers. Curbside live tree collections will take place from January 10 through February 7. Current customers should place their tree at the curb on their normal collection day. A tree collection will not count toward a free brush collection for yard waste customers.
Live Tree Disposal Instructions
All live trees left at any of the seven free drop-off locations as well as curbside must adhere to the following disposal instructions:
- Trees must be cut in half if taller than six feet.
- Trees must have all decorations and hardware removed including tinsel, lights, garland, ornaments, nails, and stands.
- Trees should not be inside bags.