- Land the City of Durham owns in the lower Ellerbe Creek area could become a dedicated nature preserve. We share details about the proposed Ellerbe Creek Waterbird Colony Dedicated Nature Preserve.
- Our new Community Safety Department is preparing to launch four major crisis response pilot programs later this year. Find out what they are and how they’ll work.
- The regional transportation planning organization wants your input on some changes to the current Comprehensive Transportation Plan. Find out how you can have a say in addressing transportation needs for our area for the next 30 years.
- The newly improved Weaver Street Recreation Center is once again serving as an important gathering and recreational space for its surrounding community. We’ll take you to the center’s recent grand re-opening celebration.
- Funding from a new grant will help the Police and Community Safety Departments improve public safety responses for people dealing with mental illness who come in contact with the criminal justice system.
About Bull City Wrap
Bull City Wrap, a weekly news program from the City of Durham Communications Department dedicated to informing residents about what’s going on inside Durham's City Hall, airs daily on Durham Television Network (Spectrum ch. 8, Google Fiber ch. 8, Frontier ch. 70, and AT&T U-verse ch. 99), YouTube, and Spreaker. For more information call (919) 560-4123 and follow @CityofDurhamNC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Nextdoor.