A free fair housing event scheduled for April 19, 2022 from 1:00 – 2:30 pm. The event is hosted by the Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of NC and The City of Durham, Neighborhood Improvement Services, Human Relations Division. For more information, contact Phillip Jordan in the Human Relations Division, or Denise Forbes at (919) 560-1647.
Spanish interpretation available.
April 19, 2022 at 1:00 PM
This fair housing training is free, but prior registration is required.
Please register for this training by clicking on the below weblink:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Presenter: Jack Holtzman, Director, Fair Housing Project, Legal Aid of NC
Topics to be discussed:
- Who is Protected by the Fair Housing Act?
- Who Must Comply with the Fair Housing Act?
- Is COVID-19 a Protected Disability?
- What are the Rights of Tenants with Disabilities?
- Renting with a Criminal History and Landlord Best Practices
Who should attend?
- Tenants and tenant advocates
- Property Managers & Landlords
- People interested in fair housing