For Immediate Release: June 10, 2022
Arrest made in a String of Armed Robberies
Durham Police investigators have charged a juvenile in connection to several armed robberies that occurred in the north Durham Area. The 16 year old suspect was arrested in the 1500-block of Savannah Place on June 9, 2022.
The juvenile was charged related to the following incidents:
- April 18, 2022—Two Hispanic males were approached by the suspect in the 900-block of Usher St. The suspect brandished a gun demanding their belongings.
- April 21, 2022—A Hispanic male was approached in the 500-block of Craven Street by the suspect who pointed a firearm and demanded the victim’s wallet.
- April 21, 2022— While in the 3500-block of Dearborn Drive a Hispanic male was approached by the suspect who demanded the victim’s wallet at gun point.
- April 30, 2022—A Hispanic male was approached in the 1000-block of Allgood Street by the suspect while working at a site. A suspect produced a handgun and pointed it.
- April 30, 2022—A Hispanic male was approached in the 3200-block of Dearborn Drive by the suspect wearing a black mask. The suspect pointed a firearm at the victim, demanding his wallet.
No injuries were reported in any of these incidents.
This remains an active investigation. If you have any information regarding these cases, contact Investigator J. Berkstresser at 919-560-4440 or Durham CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200. Callers never have to identify themselves and could be eligible for a cash reward.
Click or call 919-560-1200