- The Fairhaven Walk affordable housing project will become a reality thanks to gap financing we're providing through affordable housing bond funds. Find out what the project is and how it’s being supported by Forever Home, Durham.
- Funding from our Forever Home, Durham program will help support the development of Sandy Ridge Station, another affordable housing project on Old Oxford Road.
- We now have an approved FY22-23 budget that contains a little more than a half-cent property tax rate increase to help support the restoration of merit-based employee compensation as well as public safety and shared prosperity initiatives.
- Our Community Safety team’s three new crisis response pilots are now up and running. The Holistic Empathetic Assistance Response Teams (HEART) will now connect residents experiencing behavioral health crises or quality-of-life issues to the right community-based care and services.
- Our staff will soon be better equipped to help create higher quality jobs in Durham for historically underserved communities through our participation in the Good Jobs & Equity Project.
About Bull City Wrap
Bull City Wrap, a weekly news program from the City of Durham Communications Department dedicated to informing residents about what’s going on inside Durham's City Hall, airs daily on Durham Television Network (Spectrum ch. 8, Google Fiber ch. 8, Frontier ch. 70, and AT&T U-verse ch. 99), YouTube, and Spreaker. For more information call (919) 560-4123 and follow @CityofDurhamNC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Nextdoor.