- Durham Community Land Trustees, Inc. and Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Inc. will receive funding from our Community Development Department in order to support their non-profit operations to help keep current projects under construction and on schedule despite pandemic-related challenges.
- The Community Safety Department is renewing our commitment to making sure that threats to public safety are handled as quickly as possible despite expanding Durham County District Attorney’s Office caseloads.
- For the first time since 2010, taxicab fares in Durham will be going up. In response to increased gas prices, insurance costs, and other market pressures, the City Council has approved an increase for per mile and wait time charges.
- If you want to learn more about the history of our area, be sure to plan to spend weekends throughout the fall at West Point on the Eno. We share the focus of free special tours provided by Durham Parks and Recreation staff as well as how you can take part.
- Thanks to a $5.7 million federal transit grant to our Transportation Department, six new battery-electric GoDurham buses will soon be helping our efforts to reduce emissions.
About Bull City Wrap
Bull City Wrap, a weekly news program from the City of Durham Communications Department dedicated to informing residents about what’s going on inside Durham's City Hall, airs daily on Durham Television Network (Spectrum ch. 8, Google Fiber ch. 8, Frontier ch. 70, and AT&T U-verse ch. 99), YouTube, and Spreaker. For more information call (919) 560-4123 and follow @CityofDurhamNC on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Nextdoor.