Most City of Durham offices, including City Hall and all non-emergency City facilities and operations, will close to the public on Monday, June 19, in observance of Juneteenth.
Curbside Solid Waste Collections
City Council Meeting
- The City Council regular business meeting is re-scheduled for Tuesday, June 20 beginning at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers at City Hall.
- This meeting will be livestreamed on the City’s website; on the City's YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter pages; and on Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV through the free Boxcast app.
- This meeting will also be televised live on Durham Television Network (Spectrum channel 8, Frontier channel 70, and AT&T U-verse channel 99).
- For details on how to participate virtually or in person, visit the City Council’s webpage.
Parks and Recreation
- Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) will close its administrative office and all facilities on Monday, June 19.
- Athletic fields and picnic shelters are available for rent, and City lakes, outdoor pools, and spraygrounds will operate under their regular schedules.
- For information about DPR programs, activities, and events visit the department's webpage.
- The Park Durham Customer Service Center will close on Monday, June 19.
- On City-designated holidays, downtown parking is free in on-street parking spaces, in some City-owned parking garages, and in City-owned surface parking lots.
- To check the Special Event Parking Schedule, where the $7 per vehicle rate goes into effect in the Durham Centre, Corcoran Street, and Church Street garages 90 minutes before scheduled events, visit the Special Event Parking Calendar.
GoDurham and GoDurham ACCESS
Durham One Call
- Durham One Call will close on Monday, June 19. Residents may submit service requests in the following ways, and staff will forward requests for City services to the appropriate department on the next business day:
Water and Sewer Emergencies
- Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, on weekends, or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the Water Management Department’s after-hours emergency number at 919-560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.