State of North Carolina Request for Applications for 2023 State Emergency Solutions Grant
The State of North Carolina has announced the 2023 Request for Applications (RFA) for Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG). The deadline to submit applications to the State via the Smartsheet link: 2023-2024 Applications: CoC 502 is August 21, 2023, at 5:00 P.M., however, for consideration by the Durham Continuum of Care (CoC), applications must be submitted via the above link by 11:59 PM on July 11, 2023.
Please be aware of the following specifics concerning the Durham CoC’s applications for these funds:
The Durham CoC is eligible to apply for $171,875 in this competition. Durham's CoC Board, the Homeless Services Advisory Committee (HSAC), agreed these funds would be divided equally between Emergency Services and Housing Stabilization activities, with $85,938 available for Street Outreach and/or Emergency Shelter operations and services and $85,937 for Housing Stabilization (i.e., Rapid Rehousing) activities targeting families experiencing unsheltered homelessness.
The Community Development Department has established the following schedule for conducting a competition for these funds within the Durham CoC:
- June 23, 2023, at 4:30 P.M.: Deadline for the submission of any written questions about the Durham CoC's competition for these funds. Questions must be sent via email to [email protected].
- June 30, 2023, at 4:30 P.M.: The deadline for the Community Development Department to distribute written answers to any submitted questions to the Durham CoC membership.
- July 11, 2023, at 11:59 P.M.: Deadline for submission of project applications via the State's Smartsheet link: 2023-2024 Applications: CoC 502.
- July 28, 2023: Evaluation Subcommittee of the CoC’s Performance Management Committee completes its review and scoring of project applications and makes funding recommendations to the Performance Management Committee.
- August 3, 2023: Performance Management Committee reviews the work of the Evaluation Subcommittee and makes funding recommendations to the Homeless Services Advisory Committee.
- August 9, 2023: Homeless Services Advisory Committee approves project funding recommendations to the State of North Carolina.
- August 14, 2023, at 11:59 P.M.: Deadline for submission of any appeal of a Durham funding recommendation. To submit an appeal, an organization must send a letter on the organization’s letterhead addressed to the "HSAC Chair" via [email protected]. The letter must state reasons the appeal should be granted, and funding recommendations should be changed.
- August 17, 2023: Deadline for the Homeless Advisory Services 's Executive Committee to consider any appeals and finalize the Durham CoC's funding recommendations.
- August 21, 2023, at 5:00 P.M.: State ESG Regional Application and associated project applications are submitted to the State of North Carolina ESG office via the State's Smartsheet.
- The Community Development Department will provide the State's required "ESG FY 2023-2024 CoC Participation Agreement" to the organizations recommended for State ESG funds after the HSAC meeting on August 9, 2023.
- The Durham CoC's "2023 Scorecard for State ESG Applications" will be distributed to the Durham CoC membership after it is approved by the Performance Management Committee on June 8, 2023.
- Organizations interested in applying for these funds are encouraged to attend one of the State's "technical assistance sessions" referenced in the State's Public Notice below.
- The Community Development Department will not offer a virtual "technical assistance session" or webinar about the State ESG competition.
See Below Documents:
- ESG FY23-24 - Public Notification FINAL.pdf
- ESG FY23-24 - Application Information FINAL.pdf
- ESG FY23-24 - NC ESG New Project Applicant.docx
- ESG FY23-24 - NC ESG Returning Project Applicants.docx
- ESG FY23-24 - Project Budgets.xlsx
- ESG FY23-24 - CoC Participation Agreement FINAL LOCKED.pdf
- ESG FY23-24 - Sworn Financial Statements-Template FINAL.docx