Most City of Durham offices, including City Hall and all non-emergency City facilities and operations, will close to the public on Tuesday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
Curbside Solid Waste Collections
Parks and Recreation
- Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) will close its administrative office and all facilities on Tuesday, July 4.
- Athletic fields and picnic shelters are available for rent, and outdoor pools and spraygrounds will operate under their regular schedules.
- DPR is hosting a July 4th Celebration with the Durham Bulls. Gates will open for general admission at the end of the 7th inning based on availability for those that would like to view the fireworks show from inside the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. Fireworks will begin at approximately 9:45 p.m. Purchasing tickets to the game is encouraged and ensures a spot inside the ballpark to watch the fireworks. Viewing sites outside of the ballpark include: the grassy area behind Diamond View 3, Burt's Bees outside of the North Deck, Tobacco Road Sports Café, and Ponysaurus Brewing. In the case of severe weather, fireworks will be rescheduled to July 5. Please refer to the Durham Bulls website or call 919-956-BULL for game/fireworks updates.
- For information about DPR programs, activities, and events visit the department's webpage.
- The Park Durham Customer Service Center will close on Tuesday, July 4.
- On City-designated holidays, downtown parking is free in on-street parking spaces, in some City-owned parking garages, and in City-owned surface parking lots.
- To check the Special Event Parking Schedule, where the $7 per vehicle rate goes into effect in the Durham Centre, Corcoran Street and Church Street garages 90 minutes before scheduled events, visit the Special Event Parking Calendar.
GoDurham and GoDurham ACCESS
Durham One Call
- Durham One Call will close on Tuesday, July 4. Residents may submit service requests in the following ways, and staff will forward requests for City services to the appropriate department on the next business day:
Water and Sewer Emergencies
- Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, on weekends or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the Water Management Department’s after-hours emergency number at 919-560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.