Most City of Durham offices, including City Hall and all non-emergency City facilities and operations, will close to the public on Friday, November 10 in observance of Veterans Day.
Curbside Solid Waste Collections
- The Solid Waste Management Department will close on Friday, November 10.
- Curbside collections for garbage, recycling and yard waste will have normal collections Monday through Thursday, but Friday yard waste customers will receive their curbside collections on Monday, November 13.
- The Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, Yard Waste Facility, and the Household Hazardous Waste Center will be open on Friday, November 10, and closed on Saturday, November 11.
- To sign up for collection day alerts and holiday service change reminders, visit the department’s webpage or download their free Durham Rollout app.
Parks and Recreation
- Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) will close its administrative office and all facilities on Friday, November 10.
- For information about DPR programs, activities, and events call 919-560-4355 during office hours or visit the department's webpage.
- The Park Durham Customer Service Center will close on Friday, November 10.
- On City-designated holidays, downtown parking is free in on-street parking spaces, in some City-owned parking garages, and in City-owned surface parking lots.
- To check the Special Event Parking Schedule, where the $7 per vehicle rate goes into effect in the Durham Centre, Corcoran Street, and Church Street garages 90 minutes before scheduled events, visit the Special Event Parking Calendar.
GoDurham and GoDurham ACCESS
Durham One Call
- Durham One Call will close on Friday, November 10. Residents may submit service requests in the following ways, and staff will forward requests for City services to the appropriate department on the next business day:
Water and Sewer Emergencies
- Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, on weekends, or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the Water Management Department’s after-hours emergency number at 919-560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.