The City of Durham will observe the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24. Most City offices, including City Hall and all non-emergency City facilities and operations, will be closed to the public.
Curbside Solid Waste Collections
- The Solid Waste Management Department will be closed on Thursday, November 23.
- Curbside collections for Thursday garbage, Red Thursday recycling, and Thursday yard waste customers will be delayed by one business day to Friday, November 24. Friday yard waste customers will also be delayed by one business day to Monday, November 27.
- The Waste Disposal and Recycling Center, Yard Waste Facility, and the Household Hazardous Waste Center will be closed on Thursday, November 23, and Saturday, November 25. These facilities will operate under their normal schedules on Friday, November 24.
- To sign up for collection day alerts and holiday service change reminders, visit the department’s webpage or download their free Durham Rollout smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores.
Parks and Recreation
- Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) will close its administrative office and all facilities on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24. Recreation centers will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, November 22.
- For information about DPR programs, activities, and events call 919-560-4355 during office hours or visit the department's webpage.
- The Park Durham Customer Service Center will be closed on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24.
- On City-designated holidays, downtown parking is free in on-street parking spaces, in some City-owned parking garages, and in City-owned surface parking lots.
- To check the Special Event Parking Schedule, where the $7 per vehicle rate goes into effect in the Durham Centre garage 90 minutes before scheduled events, visit the Special Event Parking Calendar.
GoDurham and GoDurham ACCESS
Durham One Call
- Durham One Call will be closed on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24. Residents may submit service requests in the following ways, and staff will forward requests for City services to the appropriate department on the next business day:
Water and Sewer Emergencies
- Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, on weekends or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the Water Management Department’s after-hours emergency number at 919-560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.