The City of Durham’s Water and Sewer Maintenance Division will be performing sanitary sewer rehabilitation work on Parrish Street between Corcoran Street and Mangum Street. This work will take place between 10PM and 6AM from Sunday, May 1st, 2016 until Wednesday, May 4th. The City appreciates your patience as this work is completed.
- Parrish Street will be closed between 10PM and 6AM each night that work takes place. No additional sidewalk closures along Parrish Street are anticipated.
- Corcoran Street will be closed to through traffic between 10PM and 6AM, however local vehicular access to the 21c Museum Hotel will be maintained. The sidewalk on the west side of Corcoran Street will remain open.
- Two lanes of Mangum Street will be closed, with the far left lane remaining open for through traffic. Parking and sidewalks on Mangum Street will remain open. Access to businesses with nighttime hours along Mangum Street will be maintained.
- The equipment used to complete the work will exceed the City’s noise ordinance. Maintenance staff will take steps to minimize the noise impacts where possible.
- Maintenance staff will make contact with businesses along Parrish Street before work begins to solicit feedback on ways impacts can be minimized.
If you have questions, please contact Andy Brogden at 919-323-6521.