How do I get a driveway/storm drain/sidewalk permit?

The permit application form can be found at the City of Durham Public Works website under Forms and Applications or you may pick up a paper copy at the Development Services Center (DSC) on the basement floor of City Hall – 101 City Hall Plaza. Complete the application and email it, along with any attachments to [email protected] or drop it off at the Public Works Desk in the DSC. After the permit application has been reviewed and the permit is ready for payment and pick up, a notification email will be sent to the applicant. The permit can then be picked up and paid for at the Public Works desk in the Development Services Center (DSC). The permit fee is payable by check made out to the City of Durham or by credit card. A permit is required for all construction in the Right-of-Way (ROW) and in some cases for construction on private property. These permits will expire 90 days after issuance if an inspection has not been requested. If you have additional questions, email [email protected].

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my dirt street paved?
2. How do I get the ditches in my neighborhood cleaned out so it doesn't flood when it rains?
3. How do I get a dead animal out of my yard?
4. How do I get a driveway/storm drain/sidewalk permit?
5. How do I report a pothole?
6. How do I request a curb cut (formally known as a handicap ramp)?
7. How do I apply for a dumpster permit?