How do I request to use City trash receptacles?

If the Event Coordinator wishes to use receptacles provided by the City, a Cart Request Form must be submitted 3 weeks prior to the event. Event Coordinators should contact the Solid Waste Department at (919) 560-4186 or reference the Resources section on this webpage for the required form to submit.

More information on the number of carts recommended per number of attendees and the associated fees are found in the Special Event Guidelines document.

Show All Answers

1. Who can I contact for help?
2. Do I need to submit a City special event permit application for my event?
3. When is my application due?
4. What supporting information do I need before beginning my special event permit application?
5. How do I hold an event within a facility owned and maintained by the Durham Parks and Recreation?
6. How do I obtain an ABC permit to sell alcohol at my event, and how long does it take to get one?
7. When do I need security or police presence at my event?
8. How do I request to use City trash receptacles?
9. What is the SERT and why am I being asked to attend their meeting?
10. How do I register or operate a food truck in the City?