June 18, 2021
Most City of Durham Offices Closed for Juneteenth
Friday, June 18, 2021
The City of Durham will observe the upcoming Juneteenth holiday on Friday, June 18. Most City offices, including City Hall and all non-emergency City operations, will be closed to the public and many employees who continue to telework due to COVID-19 will be unavailable. Police, fire, and rescue services for life-threatening or in-progress emergencies may be reached by calling 911. Non-emergency concerns may be directed to (919) 560-4600.
YARD WASTE COLLECTION & WASTE DISPOSAL CENTER
The Solid Waste Management Department will be closed on June 18 including the following service changes:
For more information about items accepted for curbside collections as well as how to sign up for collection day alerts and reminders for holiday service changes, visit the department’s webpage or download their free Durham Rollout smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores.
PARKS & RECREATION
- Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) will close its administrative office and all facilities on June 18.
- City Lakes will be open under their normal schedules on June 18.
For information about DPR programs, activities, and events call (919) 560-4355 during office hours or visit the department’s webpage.
The Park Durham Customer Service Center will be closed on June 18. On City-designated holidays, downtown parking is free in on-street parking spaces, City-owned parking garages, and City-owned surface parking lots.
DURHAM ONE CALL SERVICE REQUESTS
Durham One Call will also be closed on June 18. Residents may submit a service request in the following ways:
- Use the free Durham One Call smartphone app available in the Apple and Google Play stores
- Complete and submit an online service request
- Leave a message at (919) 560-1200. Durham One Call will forward all requests for City services to the appropriate department on the next business day
WATER & SEWER EMERGENCIES
Water main break and sewer overflow calls for service placed after-hours, weekends or on City-recognized holidays should be directed to the department’s after-hours emergency phone number at (919) 560-4344, which will dispatch on-call crews.