September 18, 2023
101 City Hall Plaza
Durham, NC 27701
Public Hearing Notice: Durham City Council - September 18, 2023, at 7:00 p.m.
Monday, September 18, 2023
The Durham City Council will hold public hearings on the following Planning cases: Annexation - Lumley Road Multifamily (BDG2200026); Zoning Map Changes - 2610 South Miami Blvd. (Z2200001), Lumley Road Multifamily (Z2200052), 2309 and 2315 Sparger Road (Z2200057), Shannon at Old Chapel Hill (Z2200039)
- Lumley Road Multifamily (BDG2200026) is a request for a contiguous voluntary annexation of one parcel of land totaling 47.67 acres located at 5751 Lumley Road.
Zoning Map Change:
- 2610 South Miami Blvd. (Z2200001) is a request to change the zoning from Residential Suburban-20 (RS-20), Commercial Neighborhood (CN), Industrial Light (IL), Industrial Light with a development plan (IL(D)) to Planned Development Residential 19.824 (PDR 19.824) located at 2610 South Miami Boulevard.
- Lumley Road Multifamily (Z2200052) is a request to change the zoning from Residential Rural (RR) and Commercial General (CG), County jurisdiction to Planned Development Residential 10.060 (PDR 10.060), City jurisdiction located at 5751 Lumley Road.
- 2309 and 2315 Sparger Road (Z2200057) is a request to change the zoning from Office and Institutional with a graphic development plan (OI(D)) and Eno River District B Watershed Protection Overlay (E-B) to Commercial General with a textual development plan (CG(D)) and Eno River District B Watershed Protection Overlay (E-B) located at 2309 and 2315 Sparger Road.
- Shannon at Old Chapel Hill (Z2200039) is a request to change the zoning from Residential Suburban-10 (RS-10) and Residential Suburban-8 (RS-8) to Residential Compact with a development plan (RC(D)) and Commercial General with a Development Plan (CG(D)) located at 3641 Shannon Road and 3638 Old Chapel Hill Road.
Contact Information: Substantial changes to the proposed actions may be made following the public hearing for each case. For information about the cases, contact [email protected] or at 919-560-4137.
This meeting will be held in person in the City Council Chambers, 1st Floor, 101 City Hall Plaza and online using the Zoom virtual meeting platform.
To participate using the Zoom virtual meeting platform, see the agenda for the Council session. The Zoom link is at the top of the agenda. Agendas are posted the Thursday prior to the public hearing. Registration to speak during the City Council Meeting on an agenda item must be submitted by 2:00 p.m. on the day of the City Council Meeting and access will be audio only.
Please refer to the following web page for ways to participate: City Council Meetings & Work Sessions - Ways to Watch, Attend, Comment | Durham, NC (durhamnc.gov).